Marc Bosserman makes amazing music for very memorable events. He is one of the most in-demand pianists in the Los Angeles area.
- Huge repertoire. 1000s of songs. Constantly adding new ones.
- Constantly performing 400+ times a year.
- Short or no breaks when playing.
- Solo piano or Piano and Vocals
- Available for almost any kind of event.
- Great energy, personality, keeps others upbeat.
- No gig is too large or too small.
- Will learn songs for your event.
His style is friendly to your favorite rendition of your favorite songs. Upbeat. Fun. Memorable. Perfect for the moment.
Marc started singing in his musical family where everyone sang in the car to make the family trips more fun! Through his school days he was active in school music programs including playing percussion in the concert band and piano in the jazz ensemble. He also performed often at church.
In high school he started singing in bars in jazz ensembles and rock bands. As well as playing solo piano for weddings and other functions.
Moving to Hawaii in his 20s he quickly became a part of the vibrant music scene in Waikiki. Playing as many as 14 times a week and vastly expanding his repertoire.
A Los Angeles resident now for many years Marc has managed to create an enviable life as a magical pianist and vocalist for the multi cultural and diverse residents of his beautiful city. His production is almost non stop.
Marc has played Solo Piano every Monday night at the Parkway Grill in Pasadena for 10 years. He creates solo piano versions of everything from Coldplay to Cole Porter. Solo piano works well for wedding ceremonies. Sometimes even a private event, will demand only piano-no vocals to create the perfect mood.
He was the Tuesday night Pianist at the Downtown speakeasy "The Varnish" for almost 5 years. The room was all about JAZZ. Sometimes hearkening back to a 50s-60s NY Jazz club ala Miles, and Coltrane and Monk! Alternatively Marc channeled Fats Waller and "Joplinesque" Ragtime honky tonkers! Sometimes he worked the elegant Sinatra, Gershwin,Cole Porter tunes! Marc was happy to explore all kinds of jazz for 4-5 hours a night!
Eventually he added an upright bassist and a drummer once a month to form a smoking trio that became quite a rage.
As a pianist/vocalist in Los Angeles he can change between contemporary and classic styles and his repertoire spans pop music from the past 100 years right up to the present day hits. He sings almost anything he can play.
- 30s/40s American Songbook-Standards- Cole Porter, Gershwin , Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald
- 60s hits Animals, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Blind Faith, Bacharach,
- 70s Hits’ Neil Young, Eagles, Elton John, Billly Joel, etc..
- 80s Peter Gabriel, U2, Journey, Phil Collins
- Current- Train, Bruno Mars, Adele, John Mayer, Coldplay, Michael Buble, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Radiohead, Lumineers etc..
- Broadway-selections from Phantom, Cats, Les Mis, Gershwin, Cole Porter etc…
- Beatles…lots of it.
- Irish- on St Patrick’s day..
- Wedding music- Solo piano on: Canon in D, Chasing Cars, Forest Gump, Bach, Mendelssohn , All of Me, 1000 Years etc...
- Sing along repertoire: Piano Man, Sweet Caroline, Don't Stop Believing...
He plays with a band (drummer and bass) and more for dancing.
He also composes music for TV and Film. Does lessons on select students, produces music for singers and songwriters and is constantly looking for more ways to reach more people and make their world better through music.